How Healthy Is Sushi?

Sign up for FREE http://BeautyandTheFit.com to receive a my Top 5 Fitness Tips, 4 Beauty & The Fit Approved recipes, Workouts & more!

How Healthy is Sushi? I went out with my friends for a sushi lunch date! I will be sharing you some tips on what to choose and what not to choose! The problem with sushi is that it has such a healthy standard attached to it but there are many rolls and dishes that are super high in calories and saturated fat. One shrimp tempura roll (fried shrimp) can have upwards of 508 calories. That’s sad since I could put down two shrimp tempura rolls on my own — yikes!

Here are some tips that can help make ordering sushi a little more healthier:

1) Steer clear of fried or battered foods, such as dumplings, tempura and spider rolls. There’s no sense in making fish unhealthy.

2) When ordering at a Japanese restaurant, look for broiled, grilled or steamed items. Typically, soup and sashimi are low in calories.

3) Keep sodium down. Use less soy sauce or request the low-sodium kind. Also note that miso is quite high in sodium.

4) Limit the extras. Mayonnaise, cream cheese and even a creamy Japanese dressing on the green salad can add significant calories to what you’re eating.

5) Avoid the feeding frenzy. Yes, there are many good sushi choices, but try to stick to one or two lower-calorie rolls. Order steamed veggies, hijiki (cooked seaweed) or oshitashi (boiled spinach with soy sauce) to fill you up.

Hopefully on your next sushi outing, you remember these tips. Thanks so much for reading & watching! Find more fitness diet tips on my FB & Twitter! Check it out!

Facebook Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/ZacharyJFiorido

Tweet Tweet: Follow me @ http://twitter.com/#!/ZacharyFiorido

Health Risks and Benefits of Sushi

Do you love sushi, but are concerned that it’s not actually good for you? Well, we have a happy news! According to nutritionist Karen Ansel, these rolls ARE super healthy. As long as you eat them right!
Video Rating: / 5

14 thoughts on “How Healthy Is Sushi?

• September 2, 2017 at 11:36 am

Good day! I'm Hannah.I did -20 lbs in two weeks.More here hawght.so#oNlr

• September 2, 2017 at 12:13 pm

Chase, you fucker, don't watch his videos if you think that. Seriously, he's awesome 🙂

• September 2, 2017 at 3:15 pm

wow… i wonder what the hell is wrong with you, dumbass..? xDD

• September 2, 2017 at 4:05 pm

@ThePrettyinpunk13 No it isn't you dumb piece of shit.. It's raw the human body isn't made to digest anything that isn't cooked right look it up. It has mercury, parasites, and I can keep going "H. Pylori" it's all over Japan right now and where sushi came from that's the most important one read about it learn something and see how healthy it is fucking retard

• September 2, 2017 at 4:21 pm

@theprettyinpunk13 you are so fucking retarded lol. No it's not

• September 2, 2017 at 4:41 pm

@dezar18 your the dumb ass , sushi is very healthy as long as you stay away from the ones with dairy in them like mayo and cream cheese

• September 2, 2017 at 5:45 pm

Nice video. Aside from the fattening tempura, the rice used in sushi always has sugar in it which really screws with the insulin levels and makes you ravenous 1-2 hours after eating it.

• September 2, 2017 at 6:40 pm

I'm so glad u posted this! I am going to a sushi joint for my bday 2morro and my gf asked me was it healthy or not. I will definitely utilize most of your tips (but I have to have my deep fried double j rolls lol). Thanks Zach

• September 2, 2017 at 7:00 pm

Love your videos! I had california rolls for dinner tonight and I was freaking out about the white rice. haha. They help! Ive lost 22 pounds pretty much doing everything you mentioned in your videos. Thanks for making videos! Ill be sure to sub and keep an eye out for your future videos!

• September 2, 2017 at 7:39 pm

OMG thanks for this video! I LOVE LOVE LOVE sushi but never know what's healthiest to order!