Is Sushi Really That Healthy?

Is Sushi Really That Healthy?

Sushi has become pretty mainstream by now — you can even find it at most local supermarkets. When it’s filled with omega-3 rich seafood like tuna and salmon or heart healthy avocado it’s a very healthy addition to your diet. But the health benefits of sushi can quickly decline once condiments like mayo and cream cheese enter the picture or tempura batter. A shrimp tempura roll with spicy mayo can be 500 calories and could contain more than 20 grams of fat. Another thing to be mindful of is sodium-rich soy sauce — one tablespoon has 40% of your daily recommended sodium intake. And if there are brown rice alternatives, it’s always healthier to choose brown rice over white.

Home

This video was produced by YT Wochit News using http://wochit.com
Video Rating: / 5

20 thoughts on “Is Sushi Really That Healthy?

• October 21, 2017 at 6:23 am

I do want to add (before watching this video) that I have eaten Tori Sashimi (Chicken Sashimi) at Izakaya in Japan… It does exist.

• October 21, 2017 at 7:23 am

why would any one want to eat raw chicken any way ? it's really grows

• October 21, 2017 at 9:13 am

I cook everything thoroughly, charcoal is the safest food on earth

• October 21, 2017 at 9:50 am

the Japanese do eat chicken sashimi, ive had it. they also eat beef liver sashimi, venison sashimi, horse sashimi, and dammed near anything you can eat raw.. and before you freak out about salmonella or rabies or something… all the chickens, etc.. are specially raised.

• October 21, 2017 at 11:20 am

Because in Minecraft you could get poisoned by raw chicken

• October 21, 2017 at 11:54 am

Avoiding eating meat reduces drastically the risks of being infected with any of those parasites and bacterias. Another good point for veganism and its benevolent and positive outcomes.

• October 21, 2017 at 12:17 pm

This didn't explain anything. How does the center of chicken or pork get contaminated with bacteria that must by definition originate from the exterior? Fail video is fail.

• October 21, 2017 at 12:26 pm

I was eating a burger when I clicked on this video, and it made me realize that my burger was pink. Thanks

• October 21, 2017 at 12:49 pm

I have a stomach flu, and I was eating chicken soup while I was watching this. Now there is puke all over my screen and keyboard.

• October 21, 2017 at 3:12 pm

I eat chicken sashimi ALL THE TIME! And as soon as this funny feeling in my stomach goes away, I'll be EATING MORE ! ! !