Sign up for FREE http://BeautyandTheFit.com to receive a my Top 5 Fitness Tips, 4 Beauty & The Fit Approved recipes, Workouts & more!
How Healthy is Sushi? I went out with my friends for a sushi lunch date! I will be sharing you some tips on what to choose and what not to choose! The problem with sushi is that it has such a healthy standard attached to it but there are many rolls and dishes that are super high in calories and saturated fat. One shrimp tempura roll (fried shrimp) can have upwards of 508 calories. That’s sad since I could put down two shrimp tempura rolls on my own — yikes!
Here are some tips that can help make ordering sushi a little more healthier:
1) Steer clear of fried or battered foods, such as dumplings, tempura and spider rolls. There’s no sense in making fish unhealthy.
2) When ordering at a Japanese restaurant, look for broiled, grilled or steamed items. Typically, soup and sashimi are low in calories.
3) Keep sodium down. Use less soy sauce or request the low-sodium kind. Also note that miso is quite high in sodium.
4) Limit the extras. Mayonnaise, cream cheese and even a creamy Japanese dressing on the green salad can add significant calories to what you’re eating.
5) Avoid the feeding frenzy. Yes, there are many good sushi choices, but try to stick to one or two lower-calorie rolls. Order steamed veggies, hijiki (cooked seaweed) or oshitashi (boiled spinach with soy sauce) to fill you up.
Hopefully on your next sushi outing, you remember these tips. Thanks so much for reading & watching! Find more fitness diet tips on my FB & Twitter! Check it out!
Facebook Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/ZacharyJFiorido
Tweet Tweet: Follow me @ http://twitter.com/#!/ZacharyFiorido
Do you love sushi, but are concerned that it’s not actually good for you? Well, we have a happy news! According to nutritionist Karen Ansel, these rolls ARE super healthy. As long as you eat them right!
Video Rating: / 5